I am a licensed and certified speech language pathologist. I have 20+ years of experience working with patients of all ages in a variety of settings including hospitals, outpatient clinics and early intervention programs. Clear Voice Therapy, LLC was born in 2010 when I opened the doors to my private practice in Providence, RI.
During my early years as a speech therapist, I became acutely aware of the need to treat patients in holistic and “hands on” manner. This realization followed personal healing experiences with physical therapy and manual therapy. As a result of this I was moved to do extensive training in this area. This training includes craniosacral therapy with the Upledger institute, and intensive studies in Integrated Structural Therapy with Trinity Seminars. These modalities are now integrated in to my approach to client care.
- Graduated from Wheelock College with a Bachelor of Science degree in education in 1987 with special certification in teaching young children with special needs.
- In 1991 graduated from The University of Rhode Island with a MS in Speech-Language Pathology.
Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute: SEP Certificate- Professional Trauma training (2016-2019)
- “The body as healer: New Advances in Trauma Treatment” with Peter Levine www.trauma healing.org
- VM1: Visceral Manipulation: Abdomen 1 (Barral Institute) http://barralinstitute.com/
- Positional Therapy Level I: Experiential approach to Strain-counterstrain and Muscle Energy Technique (Lee Albert)
- Buteyko Course for Health professionals Level I (Hadas Golan, MS CCC-SLP) http://www.breatheon.com/about-us
- A Voice Therapy Spectrum-Basic Adult + “E” Advanced: Lessac Madsen Resonant Voice, Casper-Stone Confidential Flow Therapy (Dr. Katherine (Kittie) Verdolini Abbott; http://multivoicedimensions.org/)
- Integrated Structural Therapy (Trinity Seminars; Stephen Moran, D.P.T.; www.crossroadsphysicaltherapy.org)
- IST II/Lumbar and Thoracic Spine, Ribcage and Thoracic Respiratory Mechanism
- IST III/Cervical Spine, Cranium and Cranial Respiratory Mechanism
- IST IV & V/The Viscera Part I & II
- IST VI/Structural Energy
- IST Advanced Cranial Therapy
- IST for Voice and Swallowing I and II
- IST for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
- IST for the Sensory/Motor Connection
- IST for Advanced Visceral
- Level One PROMPT training (The PROMPT Institute)
- Mealtime Partners Workshop (New Visions: Dr. Suzanne Evans Morris).
- Myofascial Release I (John Barnes: Myofascial Release)
- Craniosacral Therapy Level I, II and SER I (The Upledger Institute)
- Progressive Oral Sensory-Motor Therapy (Charlotte A. Boshart)
- Feeding Therapy: A sensory Motor Approach (Lori Ov(erland) Talk Tools/Innovative Therapists International
- Apraxia of Speech: An Oral-Motor and Traditional Based Approach (Sara R. Johnson) Talk Tools/Innovative Therapists International
- Management of Speech, Voice and Swallowing Disorders in Head and Neck Cancer Patients (Cathy Lazarus, Ph.D.)